Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lunch with George and Laura



I am a die hard conservative and have loved our President of the past 8 years. No comment on the current one as I am trying to keep an open mind for at least 100 days. His abortion decision of last week didn't help him in my eyes....enough about him and onto George! George and Laura Bush stopped by to meet with someone in our building. They had just been to their new house in Dallas and are headed to Crawford. George told me that directly. Not everyday that you get to stand and shake the hand of someone who personally kept me safe for at least 8 years and someone that I respect. I was able to tell him directly Thank you for everything. That might make me tear a little!!!

PS- Keep in mind that this is my blog and I can make whatever statements that I want to make. If you don't agree with my opinion of GWB, I don't need to know! This is the first political statement that I have made and it will most likely be my last.

6 comments:

Sandy :) said...

This is amazing! I so wish I could have been there with you! I'm so proud of George and Laura and how they served our country and stood for what they believed. Thanks for sharing these sweet pics! And Welcome Home Bush family, Welcome home.

The Flesher Family said...

awesome!! I love it:) I am so thankful for them as well and I am so glad they have chosen Dallas as their new home. That is really cool that you got to thank them in person. I too am worried about the new president and last weeks events towards abortion....I guess we just pray pray pray:) Very neat story!
Lindsey

Unknown said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I'm glad you had the opportunity and told him what he meant to so many of us, espically when he was being so criticized at the end. We'll just have to keep the new president in our prayers.

Girl Fisher said...

This is great! He is such a cutie! I imagine he was just ready to get out of the White House last week! I would have been after the way he was treated his last few months in office! He looks younger already!

Maile said...

I cannot believe you stood next to and talked with George. WOW! I would have loved that opportunity. I agree that George is wonderful and fought a good fight for all of us. What a great memory you will have from this day!
Personally, I don't know how you resisted kissing that cute little face of his--I like old men!

Sara said...

I wish I could have been there! Lucky girl! I would have loved the opportunity to thank President Bush! Haley is beautiful I love seeing pictures of her! Hope all is well.