Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Crazy Week




Trey and I had a crazy, but exciting week. We are still learning how to be dog parents and all the fun that goes with it. Gus has minimized the accidents in the house and we have fun playing with him. It is dangerous to go to PetSmart because we tend to buy him more toys and more treats,etc. You can see from the photo that Gus had a little trouble figuring out the frisbee at first. I heard him banging something against the wall and looked over to see his frisbee become a necklace. Being the good mom that I am, I took a picture before getting him out of the frisbee.

My mom was put in the hospital with what they thought was a heart attack. She is a diabetic and was only experiencing a malfunctioning insulin pump. I started realizing how thankful I was for her health. She has had diabetes for 42 years and has fully functioning kidneys, heart and has good circulation to her feet and hands. She did miss my Dallas baby shower, which was horrible for her, but I am glad that she is on the mend.

Trey and his dad painting the nursery on Friday and it looks great. Evidently they are two of the most exact and perfectionist painters around. I on the other hand need a large wall and plenty of room to drop the roller, etc. We are painting flowers on the wall and there is a photo attached with Trey's handy work. Gus and I stayed out of Trey's way and would go in the room when Trey needed us.

We are headed to Harlingen next week for a little R&R at the beach with Trey's family. Of course there is a hurricane headed that way, so we will see how everything goes!

1 comment:

Traci said...

How cute!!! Her room, I mean. :)You have to post pictures of the final result when the room is done! You are going to have loads of fun with a girl. Are you about to pop? You'll have to post a new belly-shot for us soon, too, Little Mama! Take care!