Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Introducing Gus Mitchell


I wanted you guys to meet our new family member Gus Mitchell. His full name is Augustus McCrea Mitchell, but we call him Gus. Trey's favorite movie is Lonesome Dove and his favorite character is Gus played by Robert Duvall or Bobby as Trey calls him because they are on a first name basis. He is an 11 week old blue heeler that we brought back from San Angelo. We got to meet his parents and Gus looks like his mom. You will notice that he is inside of the house. Gus is actually my wedding present. We have been married for almost 2 1/2 years, but there is a little background as to why we waited so long to get a dog. Before Trey and I got married we had long discussions about dogs and if they can come inside the house or if they have to stay outside all of the time. In my family, we had dogs that stayed outside when we weren't home and stayed inside when we were home. So an inside/outside dog. Trey's family only had outside dogs. My wonderful husband has allowed Gus inside when we are home. It was cute this morning to watch Gus and Trey take the trash out. Blue heelers are very loyal dogs and stick like glue to their loved ones. We can take him in the front yard and he won't run off. The back yard has become his domain which has not made the rabbits that lived under our deck too happy!! Stay tuned for more Gus stories!

We had a great time in San Angelo and we had a great baby shower. It was so much fun to see old friends and ladies that made such an impact on my life growing up. Of course we forgot our camera, so when I get some of the photos from my mom, I will post them.

The fun project this week....fixing up the nursery! We got paint last night and both sets of parents are going to help. My dad has is the self-proclaimed "King of Cutting In", but last time he helped us dropped a full can of paint off of the ladder. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

He is a cutie! I'll have to tell Jeff. :)

Steph

Jeff and Steph said...

Wow, Trey finally caved in and got an inside/outside dog. Wait till the baby comes, then you can get Trey to do a lot more!!!

I have always liked blue healers after I watched the movie, Last of the Dogmen with Tom Berenger. His name was Zip and he was cool.

He's cute, Jeff

Girl Fisher said...

What a cute little guy!