Tuesday, October 14, 2008

3 Weeks







I can't believe that 3 weeks ago Haley came into our lives. Time has flown by! This week has been a good, but challenging week. Trey and I have amazing parents!! We had help from them until Friday and now we are on our own. We are settling in and learning as we go. Haley tends to stay awake until 12:30 am after her 11:00 feeding and lately has stayed up until 5:30 am after her 3:30 am feeding. I guess that we have a little night owl on our hands. I kept reading that after giving birth I would randomly cry because of hormone levels adjusting. I went for over a week without crying and it has now hit me. Poor Trey...I cry over random things. I cried in Walgreens because I couldn't find the make-up I was looking for.

We did have a fun Saturday with football watching and then Haley got to go meet a new friend, Evan. He is an answer to prayers for our friends. Evan was born on Saturday weighing over 10 lbs. Haley hasn't made it to 8 lbs. and she is 3 weeks old. Everyone at the hospital looked at me funny when I was trying to find a place to feed Haley. I think that they thought that I was trying to take her since she does look like a newborn!

We also went to Bible Fellowship on Sunday. Haley was great...she slept the entire time. Yesterday I went to the grocery store while Trey watched Haley. I felt like I was missing something!

I am attaching photos of Haley at 3 weeks; our new family (with Haley and Gus); Trey & Haley with Evan & Dave; I hate tummy time photo; first trip to church photo; and milk drunk baby photo. Is it sad that most photos have Haley crying? She is a little camera shy.

2 comments:

Marcy Alva said...

Hi yall!
The family looks great!! And Lil Ms. Haley is so beautiful, especially in her pink/dots outfit. Just wanted to say HI!
I love the blog.
Marcy

Girl Fisher said...

I can't blame her for not liking tummy time! ;-) She is a little Trey (I think)! All the little ones are favoring their dads when they're first born!